The Sunset Hour
Introduction by Frankie Faison
Welcome by AltaSea CEO Tim McOsker and Executive Director Jenny Krusoe
Project Blue and the AltaSea NextGen Award – Avantika Vijesh
California Institute of the Arts
Walter Munk Foundation for the Oceans
The Blue Hour
Introduction by Dame Helen Mirren
Jacques Cousteau and the Ocean
AltaSea Ocean Innovation Award – Dr. Dawn Wright
Wonders, Dangers, and Solutions at Sea
AltaSea Explorer Award – Dr. Bob Ballard
Highlights from Peter Sellars’ Idomeneo
Deep Map by Mason Rothschild and Annie Sperling
Bosphorus & Black Sea by Refik Anadol
- Never seen before on a big screen, footage of the Great Barrier Reef Marine Park filmed by the Schmidt Ocean Institute.
- The U.S. debut of a pivotal section of Peter Sellars’ production of Mozart’s Idomeneo.
- An evocative and motivational collection of videos about the Wonders, Dangers, and Solutions found at sea.
- An appearance from Dr. Bob Ballard (Ocean Exploration Trust) accepting the Explorer Award.
- A unique art installation projected over the USS Iowa by artists Mason Rothschild and Annie Sperling, using Esri ocean data.
- Refik Anadols’ Bosphorus & Black Sea projected over the USS Iowa.
- Frank Faison to open the Sunset Hour with a special recorded message for AltaSea.
- Dame Helen Mirren to open The Blue Hour with a special recorded message for AltaSea.
All proceeds go to support AltaSea’s Project Blue educational programs.
$250 for vehicles with 4 or less occupants
$350 for vehicles with 5 or more occupants
$1000 for VIP placement of vehicle
If you cannot attend The Blue Hour, you can donate to AltaSea here.
AltaSea is a 501(c)(3) and contributions are tax-deductible.
All tickets include:
1 parking space at The Blue Hour
2 vegetarian “lite-bites” boxes from San Pedro Brewing Company
2 swag bags per vehicle
Tickets are tax-deductible up to $210.
Ticket prices do not reflect surcharges and processing fees.
For optimal screen visibility, vehicles will be parked according to size.
AltaSea Explorer Award
DR. ROBERT BALLARD
OCEAN EXPLORATION TRUST
AltaSea Ocean Innovation Award
DR. DAWN WRIGHT
AltaSea NextGen Award
TORRANCE SCHOOL DISTRICT
Vegetarian “Lite-Bites” Box
- Roasted Red Pepper hummus w/Pita bread
- Snap Peas
- Cheddar & Jack Cheese Bites
- Water Crackers
- Cauliflower & Broccoli Florets
- Candied Walnuts
- Red grapes
- Honey dew
Each ticket comes with two of the above boxes. If you need additional boxes, please contact [email protected]
- Mason Rothschild (USS Iowa Installation)
- Annie Sperling (USS Iowa Installation)
- Refik Anadol (USS Iowa Installation)
- Peter Sellars (Idomeneo)
For more information on the artists, click here.
- All attendees must wear masks when interacting with staff and when outside of the vehicle to use restrooms.
- Guests must remain in vehicles at all times unless going to onsite restrooms.
- Parking attendants will assist with event parking. Please provide ample time for custom parking.
- Event staff will be required to wear masks to ensure your safety.
- Dogs are not permitted due to government restrictions.
- Outside food and beverages are permitted.
- If you or anyone within your group has or is experiencing COVID-19 symptoms, we ask you to please stay home to ensure the health and safety of our audience and staff.
- Please check this website for updates before the event as County health guidelines may change.
Ratkovich Family Foundation
Portia and Andy Cohen
Baric Media Entertainment
Beneficial State Bank
The Change Making Media Lab (USC)
The Ratkovich Company
Lost Chord Productions