AltaSea at the Port of Los Angeles,
together with Council District 15,
is proud to host
Blue Hour: Ocean of Inclusion
on October 9, 2021
at Angels Gate Park in San Pedro, CA.
Artist exhibit: 4:30-6PM
Main event: 7-9PM
Watch livestream of the event here starting at 7:00PM on October 9th!
- This year, AltaSea is partnering with the Korean Cultural Center of Los Angeles, the Korean Friendship Bell Preservation Committee, Angels Gate Cultural Center, and the Department of Recreation and Parks.
- Blue Hour: Ocean of Inclusion will be a visual journey that will begin at Angels Gate Cultural Center and end by overlooking the Pacific Ocean next to the Korean Bell of Friendship.
- Please be advised that all guests will be required to show proof of vaccination or a negative Covid-19 test within 72 hours of the event.
- Masks required for attendees while in crowded areas; waiting for food service; and while at the main stage portion of the event.
ARTIST EXHIBIT AT ANGELS GATE CULTURAL CENTER
4:30 – 6:00
Schmidt Ocean Institute’s Artist-at-Sea program artist exhibit.
VIP SALON NEXT TO BUILDING A AT ANGELS GATE CULTURAL CENTER
5:00 – 6:00
Q&A with Dr. Carlie Weiner, Schmidt Ocean Institute.
MAIN EVENT AT THE KOREAN FRIENDSHIP BELL
5:30 – 7:00
Food trucks, mix, and mingle.
7:00 – 7:30
Seating, opening remarks, ringing of the Korean Friendship Bell, Korean Opera performance.
7:30 – 8:15
Award presentation to Robert Downey, Jr.’s FootPrint Coalition, the Schmidt Ocean Institute, and Philippe Cousteau’s EarthEcho International.
8:15 – 8:45
Introduction of four-time Emmy award winning filmmaker and marine biologist Rick Rosenthal. Sneak preview of his upcoming nature series.
8:45 – 9:00
Artist finale incorporating ringing of the Korean Friendship Bell.
- An artist exhibit from Schmidt Ocean Institute’s Artist-at-Sea program, displaying the work of those inspired by the ocean.
- VIP-salon sponsored by Braid Theory and Monarch Hill Spirits, complete with signature cocktail.
- A highlight of the evening will be a sneak preview of four-time Emmy award-winning filmmaker and marine biologist Rick Rosenthal’s upcoming nature series PLANET CALIFORNIA, offered exclusively for Blue Hour attendees. Combining the visual arts with natural history, the series celebrates California’s wildlife and wild places, especially its stunning ocean habitats.
- A video from Schmidt Ocean Institute focusing on recent Australian discoveries and their Artist-at-Sea program.
- An opening honoring Korean tradition.
- A finale that will immerse attendees in the sounds of a special ringing of the Friendship Bell.
- Honorees for the evening include Robert Downey, Jr.’s FootPrint Coalition, the Schmidt Ocean Institute, and Philippe Cousteau’s EarthEcho International.